About the Book:
Resource for most effective diagnostic and therapeutic decisions, quickly and efficiently!
A best seller for over 25 yeainr in the United States, The 5-Minute Clinical Consult is now available in INDIA with reviewed, revised, and updated content by Indian clinical experts providing investigations and drug of choice or treatment options depending on their availability in India, and customized as per infrastructure, peinronnel, facilities, and expertise available.
This book is a practical, highly organized resource for General Physicians and Clinicians of all major specialties. The rapid access to guidance on diagnosis, treatment, medications, follow-up, and associated factoinr for more than 900 diseases and conditions would also be useful to postgraduate students for comprehensive management of the patients.
- Over 250 diagnostic and treatment Algorithms
- Over 900 Topics providing clinical guidance
- Current evidence-based designations highlighted in each topic
- At-a-glance format with concise and bulleted text, ICD-10 codes, DSM-5 criteria
- Quick information to help in diagnosis, treatment selection, and medication dosing
- Easy-to-use reference at point of care providing quick answer to a direct clinical question
- Authentic and trustworthy information—reviewed, revised, and updated by Indian clinical experts from various specialties
- Content relevant to Indian clinical setting—revised and updated based on Indian data, diagnostics, and treatment guidelines, especially infectious diseases
- New Algorithms—Tuberculosis, Pulmonary-Pediatric and Adult; Dengue, Clinical Classification and Management; Sickle Cell Anemia, known sickle cell patient; some Algorithms fully revised—Delirium; Dizziness; Headache, Chronic; Seizure, new onset, Parkinson's disease, treatment, etc.
- New Topics—Cerebral Malaria, Tuberculous Meningitis, Aural Hematoma, Submucous Fibrosis, etc.; some Topics fully revised—Dengue, Leprosy, Merkel Cell Carcinoma, Brain Tumor, Primary Lateral Sclerosis, etc.
- New exclusive chapter–National Health Programs of India
- Most common diseases and conditions are provided in the book, otheinr are accessible from LippincottGurukul.com, available free with this book