About the Book
This edition marks the transition to full color along with a new chapter on perioperative fluid therapy, an important topic, not only for examination but for day-today practice as well.
The new edition has a remarkable focus on new range of equipment. The appeal of this book is that it not only prepares students for examination but equips them to practice safe anesthesia. This book exemplifies a good teacher, who is ruthless in pointing mistakes and following non-negotiable anesthesia processes; yet does not insist on one method, when there are many with identical outcomes.
- A comprehensive review book on anesthesia.
- Provides a fully revised and updated text as per the latest evidence of the management of various cases as well as the new guidelines.
- Presents the text in an easy-to-follow question-answer format.
- Thoroughly discusses the equipment and table viva topics, such as arterial blood gases (ABGs), electrocardiograms (ECGs), pulmonary function tests (PFTs), cardiopulmonary exercise testing (CPET), etc. normally encountered in the examination.
- Includes all the complicated cases and the entire range of anesthesia equipment.
- Contains new chapters on Management of Acute Postoperative Pain, Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing and Videolaryngoscopes.
- Useful for the postgraduate examinees of anesthesia and the practicing anesthesiologists.