- Enlarged and completely updated edition - extensively revised, thoroughly edited and many new topics added.
- Major revision of the chapter on "epidemiology of Communicable diseases" with inclusion of COVID-19, new treatment guidelines for tuberculosis(2019), New treatment guidelines for HIV/AIDS (2019) updated leprosy, Malaria, Dengue, Hepatitis etc.
- New chapter on Essential Medicine and Counterfeit Medicines.
- New matter on Mental Health.
- New matter on Nutrition on Health with 2020 RDA
- Completely revised chapter on Demography.
- New and updated matter about child and Maternal Mortality, violence against youth etc.
- Major revision of chapter of Non Communicable diseases with new recommendation on Diabetes Mellitus, Accidents and Injures Cancer etc.
- New matter on Health and Wellness Centers and new health programmes.
- New matter on immunization and cold chain etc.