Practical Aspects of Pediatrics has been written keeping in mind the examination format for practicals. Thus, it would prove useful to both undergraduate and postgraduate medical students who are overburdened and forever trying to keep up with the vast syllabus.
- A detailed discussion on history-taking and examination in pediatrics.
- An entire chapter dedicated to the differential diagnosis of common symptoms and signs as seen in pediatrics.
- General proforma and case presentation with discussion and emphasis on important practical points of cases commonly kept in practical examinations. New case discussions are added and wherever possible, new information is added to the existing case discussions.
- Entire chapter on drugs (in tabular form) complete with uses, dosages and side-effects of individual drugs, presented in an easy-to-use and readily accessible form. Information on new drugs is added.
- The chapter on vaccination, vaccines, combination vaccines and the cold chain is discussed in detail and information on new vaccines are added.
- Separate chapters on radiology, instruments and drugs commonly asked in table viva voce examination.
- An attempt has been made to make the topics more interesting and easy to understand by the liberal use of tables, line illustrations and clinical photographs.
- All new editions are extensively updated and new chapters added to make the book even more relevant to students.